NYLON CF 10
Plexiwire Nylon CF 10, an exceptional nylon 3D printer filament, is a high-quality composite material based on polyamide 6 (PA6 or PA6) enriched with a 10% addition of chopped carbon fibers. The particle size of these fibers is 100-200 microns. This fiber detailing makes parts made from Plexiwire Nylon CF 10 up to 25% stronger than conventional Nylon. Carbon fibers add not only strength but also stiffness to details. They effectively reduce weight while maintaining high performance. Due to these features, carbon-filled polyamide, ideal as a 3D printer filament, is often compared to some non-ferrous metals. However, for all its superior properties, it is significantly lighter, making it an ideal choice for many industrial and technical applications in various sectors.
- A 3D printer filament that offers a combination of lightness and high strength due to adding carbon fiber.
- Improved stiffness and lower part weight compared to traditional Nylon.
- Excellent resistance to bending and mechanical stress.
- Properties close to those of some non-ferrous metals but optimized for 3D printing.
- High dimensional stability after printing.
- Can be used in a wide range of industrial and engineering applications.
- Pre-dry the material: Like regular Nylon, CF10 absorbs moisture excessively. Ensure that the filament is well-dried before starting the printing process. We recommend storing it in an airtight container with silica gel or other moisture absorption agents to prevent moisture buildup.
- Printing characteristics: Nylon CF10, a unique nylon 3D printer filament containing carbon fiber, has its own printing characteristics. When working with it, attention should be paid to printing parameters such as extrusion and substrate temperature. We recommend monitoring the printing temperature and maintaining optimal parameters to reduce the risk of warping.
- Using a closed printing chamber: To minimize shrinkage and ensure uniform cooling, we recommend 3D printers with a closed printing chamber. This will also help maintain a more stable environment during printing.
- Use specialized tools: Given the addition of carbon fiber to Nylon CF10, the material can quickly wear out standard printer nozzles. We recommend using hardened steel nozzles or other wear-resistant materials to lengthen the life of your equipment.