Plexiwire ABS+ is an advanced version of ABS engineering plastic. Now it is actively used in FDM printing. Many experts prefer it, because this material is less fragile, although it has its own characteristics. In particular, ABS+ is designed for use in 3D printers with a volume of 0.5×0.5×0.5 meters. It also has low resistance to direct ultraviolet rays.
ABS+ is more suitable for solving problems in the field of engineering, especially due to the ability to withstand large dynamic loads than usual ABS. At the same time, many properties of ABS+ are inherited from unmodified ABS, which allows you to easily adapt it to solve standard problems. The Plexiwire ABS+ color scheme is also more suitable for engineering solutions, making ABS+ difficult to use in more creative industries.
- Shrinkage - ABS+ properties allow you to achieve minimal shrinkage compared to ABS
- Adhesion - ABS+ has greater interlayer adhesion, allowing large models to be printed and open printers to be used
- Speed - ABS+ is faster. You can increase the print speed with ABS+ compared to other plastics
- Properties - ABS+ is moisture-resistant and heat-resistant (from −40° C to +90° C) and also has a higher melting point compared to ABS-plastic
- Mechanical strength - good indicators of strength and resistance to mechanical damage
- Use Plexiwire ABS+ to print large models. Unlike usual ABS, it will solve problems with adhesion and shrinkage.
- Use Plexiwire ABS+ in printers with open print cameras. It's great as a replacement for ABS if you have an open printer.
- Print models from Plexiwire ABS+ that will be subject to heavy dynamic loads. ABS + is stronger than conventional ABS and not so fragile.
- Do not use the above 98% model fill parameter as for ABS. This allows you to obtain more accurate geometric dimensions of the model.
- Use dichloromethane to postprocess models printed with the use of ABS+ to smooth the surface of the printed model.